News for Kids...
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Program always open at Allerton Public Library District. Children from birth to 5 years can register anytime to read for this open-ended program. Sign up at the Library for this national program to promote Early Childhood Literacy and receive the reading log for their first 100 Books.
Programs and Events
For More Information or to Check for Cancellations use the ONLINE CALENDAR
Weekly: (unless otherwise noted)
Laptime - Wed. 9:15am (birth to 18mo) siblings welcome
Storytime - Thurs. 10:15am (18mo to 5yrs) siblings welcome
- KIDS VALENTINE MAKING - Feb. 10 @ 10am. Kids of all ages can come to the Library's Valentine Making event and make special cards and crafts for their family and friends. Register at 217-762-4676 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BABYSITTING CLINIC - Feb. 19 from 9:30am to 3pm. This free clinic for future babysitters will help teach 10-14 year olds about providing care for infants and children; staying safe; handling emergencies; choosing age-appropriate activities; recognizing and handling a variety of behaviors; starting and managing your babysitting business; Basic First Aid and CPR (not a CPR Certificate Program). Registration opens on February 5th. Space is limited.
- Kids St. Patrick's Day Party - Mar. 17 @ 10am. Kids of all ages are welcome to our St. Patrick's Day Party. We'll have crafts and games and Irish fun at the Library on St. Patrick's Day. Register for this fun filled event at 217-762-4676 or email@example.com
Contact Cara at the library (217) 762-4676 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to register for an event.
**Just a reminder... Children who are in Kindergarten or younger, need an adult attendant for library events. Older children need a contact's information left with the event supervisor in case of emergencies. Thanks!
Booklists for Kids
- Juvenile Historical Fiction List (pdf)
- American Girl at Allerton Library List (pdf)
- Juvenile Graphic Novel Series List (pdf)
- Books on Bullying
- Books on Cancer and Kids
- Books on Autism/Asperger's/ADHD
- Books on Death and Dying
- Books on Death of a Pet
- Books on Ethnicity and Race Relations
- ReadAlong Packs (audiobook + chapterbook sets)
- 2018 Monarch Award Master List
- 2018 Bluestem Award Master List